Are you a consulting firm with expertise in East Africa? We are currently seeking capacity-building organizations that are interested in working with us!
Thanks to funding from USAID East Africa, we are planning to once again invite select East African innovators in the Social Entrepreneurship Accelerator at Duke to submit proposals outlining strategic projects that would benefit from outside expertise. Innovators last year applied for funds to hire consulting firms to assist them with high impact capacity building projects.
Funding will be available later in the year for innovators to receive expert support. SEAD has $75K in total to support 3-4 projects in 2016. Firms that we select to provide that support will receive between $10-30K for individual projects.
While specific project needs will vary, SEAD is looking to identify firms with expertise in the following areas:
- Fundraising (business plan creation, investment pitch deck, connections to investors)
- Grants (crafting grant proposals, reaching out to new funders, positioning impact statements)
- Finance (accounting, projecting capital needs)
- Evaluation (both impact evaluation and healthcare evaluation, scoping and conducting studies)
- Marketing (branding, site location, customer engagement)
- Strategy (identifying future growth opportunities, new markets)
- Technology (customizing and implementing new solutions, maximizing data for outcomes)
This Request for Proposals (RFP) is intended to source technical proposals that will be assessed and used to select a pre-qualified pool of capacity building contractors. This application is for firms interested in being considered for project work. Selected firms will then be allowed to compete on projects as they arise. To access the complete RFP and application for forms, go to: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tfqy4q1ms6zq3rw/AAAnlA5Pl59p8Jq0Wgb6oM6wa?dl=0
Applications are due Feb. 15, 2016.